We love Ankeny and apparently we aren’t the only ones!
The rest of America is quickly finding out what all of us have known for quite some time, Ankeny is awesome.
1. With a population of over 60,000, Ankeny still gives a small town feel but is just 15 minutes from downtown Des Moines.
2. It is known for it’s great schools and safe neighborhoods. In the last few years, Ankeny built a new high school and added several new elementary schools. Some of the best teachers in Iowa teach in the Ankeny School District.
3. Ankeny has also become a central Iowa hub for new and growing businesses. In the last year alone, the City of Ankeny approved a record 2,240 building permits and locally owned shops and restaurants are giving the chains a run for their money.
4. The housing market in Ankeny can hardly keep up with demand as new construction homes scramble to build houses as fast as possible and existing homes sell in a matter of hours. Ankeny is such a great place to raise a family and people are starting to realize it.
5. Ankeny has countless restaurants and coffee shops. You’re never more than 10 minutes from your favorite latte or meal.
6. Beautiful parks are everywhere. Ankeny is extremely kid friendly. Many of the neighborhoods even have their own parks, in addition to being close to the city parks that are scattered throughout the city.
7. Uptown Ankeny (Old Ankeny) is booming. Cute local shops and restaurants, a new brewery, weekly farmers market and the famous bar, Yankee Clipper, are just a few of the reasons Old Ankeny is still the place to hang out.
8. Ankeny has bike trails for miles. The trail passes through five cities (Woodward, Madrid, Slater, Sheldahl, and Ankeny) and four counties (Polk, Story, Boone and Dallas). High Trestle Trail Bridge is one of central Iowa’s favorite places to take a quick 25 mile bike ride.
Want to find out more reasons why America loves Ankeny.